Breaking News :
- S. Korea reported 160 new. total 602 death toll to 6 Yonhap (23.02)
- South korea: 9,336 People in Daegu Church Completed Survey .. 1,261 People “Suspicious Symptoms
- S. Korean Prime Minister Chung calls spread of coronavirus a “grave situation,”
- S. Korea reports a spike in cases, and Samsung shuts down a factory.
- People with corona went to trip in Israel. 7 infected (22.02)
- Korea reports 3rd death with 433 cases in total. (22.02)
South Korea reported :
South Korea reported 229 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, adding to fears of a global pandemic, while Samsung, the Korean company that is the world’s top smartphone maker, shut down a factory after a worker tested positive for the virus
The new cases in South Korea brought that country’s total to 433 — more than half of them members of a secretive religious sect, their relatives or others who had gotten the virus from them. Another 111 of the cases were patients or staff members at the Daenam Hospital in Cheongdo, where the two South Koreans who have died of the virus had been admitted.
The shincheonij church of jesus
More than 1,250 members of the sect, the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, have reported potential symptoms, and officials are still trying to locate 700 members so they can be screened. The Samsung factory, located in the city of Gumi, about an hour north of Cheongdo, is expected to resume operations on Monday morning, Samsung said.
But the floor of the factory where the patient has worked will be closed until Tuesday morning, it said.“The health and safety of our employees are our highest priority,” the company said in a statement. “The company plans to implement all necessary measures for disinfection and containment promptly.”The Gumi factory mainly supplies the domestic market.
The company also produces its smartphones in plants in Vietnam and India.